Post by jrmugz on Apr 8, 2015 11:01:01 GMT
1. Wonderama – I like the opening guitar and drums. Reminds me a little of the 60s. Very nice song, very summery. The best bit is the xylophone.
2. I Will Follow - More nice guitar. Reminds me again of summer and of the Beatles. Very strongly of the Beatles – like something from A Hard Day’s Night.
3. Barbie Nation – Light summery pop.
4. Don't Be Sad – Not as upbeat as the first few tracks but lovely all the same because of the acoustic guitar and backing vocals.
5. Rachel Delevoryas – A little bit folky but the strings turn it into something else. A bit like if the Beatles had invited a special American guest to sing a song on Sgt Pepper.
6. Intermission At The Wonderama – Lovely strings – not many rock albums have this much violin, not even the Beatles.
7. Great Big Stupid World – Nice jaunty song.
8. Sing In Portuguese – Another good song with the Beatles sense of pop. Reminds me strongly of 'Sandy' the Springsteen track covered by the Hollies.
9. Mice & Men – A very strange but wonderful track – incorporating elements of both Beatles and McCartney along with some ELO in the backing vocals!
10. The Lost Parade – Not as upbeat as other tracks but still another lovely one.
11. Lantern In The Snow – I like the cello here. It turns a normal pop song into something important. The orchestral interlude is very expressive.
12. Wonderama Postlude – Some jaunty accordion, very nice.
I like this album a lot - it's got nothing whatsoever going against it. It's very enjoyable to listen to, not too taxing and doesn't let you down. I think it's a perfect summery album, nice and light and sunny. It reminds me strongly of the Beatles but an exotic version of the Beatles. A lot of the tracks here could easily take the place of the pop tracks on Sgt Pepper. A lot of the songs here reminded me of 'And I Love Her' which is good because I adore that song!