OK uno, thanks for getting me familiar with some more Dr. Hook besides the hits. Enjoyed your comments.
01. "Levitate" - Sounds like might be one of them there drug novelty type of tunes. Like the funky music. Not quite as melodic as something like "Cover of the Rolling Stone" but funky enough.
02. "The Millionaire" - Lucky guy. Good point about how all the money in the world doesn't give what we really want.
03. "I Got Stoned and I Missed It" - Seems to encapsulate a lot of their various early styles: novelty, country, funk, etc.
04. "Everybody's Making It Big But Me" - Fun song with similar theme to "Cover of the Rolling Stone". A little bit too obvious of a double entendre in the lyrics.
05. "One Step From the Jungle to the Zoo" - All that funky music reminds me of "E Street Shuffle", the kick off track from Bruce Springsteen's second album. Hmmm, that's kind of profound. Maybe a message about the need to calm down or face some kind of symbolic sedation. Will be thinking about that.
Star Rating: 3.7 out of 5 Prime Cuts: "Jungle to Zoo", "The Millionaire" Bottom Line: A bunch of stoners having fun, before they polished their sound for a string of their most famous hits.
Appreciate the history and your comments, uno. Have a great Christmas and New Year's if I don't talk to you before then. Thanks again, really enjoyed playing these.
lasttrain929: Thank you eloneen, until yesterday I had never heard of these insects. They live a strange life. Not sure about Circada ice cream or pizza though, not for me.....
May 30, 2021 9:17:00 GMT
Timeblue: After weeks of horrible weather, Mr Blue is living here today!
May 30, 2021 13:00:47 GMT
eloneen: Timeblue I hope you enjoy it! It was sunny and in the 90s here most of last week, with some rain. Today it's cloudy and barely making it into the 60s. Crazy NC weather! ::m1809::
May 30, 2021 17:28:57 GMT
orioles70: with warmer (HOT) weather, the cicadas have gotten noisy. A local news reporter used an app on her phone and said it registered in the mid 80s for dbs (hearing protection recommended). They're not quite that bad in my yard.
Jun 7, 2021 13:56:44 GMT
orioles70: I was driving to the dump today on a road called Beaver Dam Road when what should cross the road but a pair of beaver (mother and child). Guess they named that road well.
Jun 12, 2021 20:28:39 GMT